Ubuntu Upgrade

I upgraded my OS to Ubuntu 10.04. The update went smooth except for 2 glitches. Wifi did not work initially but it got sorted by itself upon restarting the system. Secondly, youtube videos played without sound while amarok worked just fine. The problem turned out to be a conflict between flash 9 and 10. Typing about:plugin in firefox address bar confirmed this and rm ~/.mozilla//plugins/libflashplayer.so solved the problem.

Also, I installed the Mac OS theme for my desktop. The desktop is as shown in the screenshot below.


If you like it and want to try for your desktop, just follow the instructions on
http://maketecheasier.com/turn-ubuntu-lucid-mac-os-x/2010/06/01

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day in Mylapore

Is Google+ a Facebook Killer?

I love to visit Madras